03 December 2010

New achievement!

I think I just leveled up.

Longing for a change of scenery, I took my laptop to my favorite local coffee shop this afternoon so I could write and enjoy a steamed coffee-like beverage. (Since I'm still trying the 'no caffeine most days' thing, I went with a cinnamon-chocolate steamer, which was excellent.)

A man came in and started chatting to the people at the table beside him. I kept working and occasionally looked up. Then they left, and he started chatting with me. He asked if I like my Mac, so I talked about how much I like it, and about how much I like Scrivener, because I'm a writer.

Which led to him telling me about how he tried writing a novel once, and he couldn't finish it, and then he said, "I thought I'd just tell a writer my idea."

A complete stranger told me their idea for a novel with the implication I should write about it. That's never happened before. I kind of hope it never happens again...

Though I did meet and exchange cards with another local writer, who's working on a memoir, after she overheard us, so it wasn't a total wash. And I did get some editing done.

3 comments:

olnac said...

Hello,

I would like to buy your twitter name, @exaggerated
Could you please give me your email address so that I can make a discrete offer ?
I would love to have a chat with you about that.

You can contact me on olnac at yahoo dot fr


My first name is Olivier.
This is a serious/no spam message.

thanks

olnac said...

you can also contact me here:
oliviernathancohen at gmail dot com

CD Covington said...

Hi Olivier,
I'm sorry, I'm not interested in selling my twitter username.